Workshop: Elasticsearch for .NET developers
Elasticsearch is a real-time, distributed, scalable and highly available search and analytics engine used by thousands of companies worldwide for a multitude of search, logging and analytics use cases.
In this hands-on workshop, we'll focus on getting up and running with Elasticsearch as a .NET developer, building out an ASP.NET Core application whilst exploring features of Elasticsearch, to create a great user experience.
We will cover:
- The topology of Elasticsearch, including clusters, nodes, indexes and shards
- The components of Elasticsearch, including the data structures that power search and aggregations
- Indexing data including mapping and analysis
- Introduction to full text search and the other query types of the Search API
- Aggregating data
- Adding autocompletion
- Visualizing and gaining insights into your data with Kibana
By the end, you'll have a good understanding of how to incorporate Elasticsearch into your own projects to extract further value from your data.
Who should attend
No prior knowledge of Elasticsearch or Information retrieval is assumed or required. Delegates should have experience with C#.
Delegates will have to bring a laptop with an IDE installed to work with .NET (Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, JetBrains Rider) and JVM installed (Windows, Mac or Linux).