Containers/Docker - what, why and how
It's easy to feel like you've missed the Docker hype train with containers being discussed to death for the last few years, however there are always people arriving new to the technology and also new features/opportunities.
This talk will introduce containers and Docker and cover a variety of topics (with demos) including:
- Why we might want to use containers
- Improving developer workflow with containers
- Security aspects of containers
- Windows containers and how they fit into the landscape.
- Options for running containers in production, including orchestration.
If you're completely new to containers/Docker or have some basic knowledge and want to fill in the gaps, this talk will cover the fundamentals right up to production usage.