Talk: Deploying Applications as Containers on Windows Server 2016
Docker has changed the way we deploy applications onto Linux and ARM based systems. Windows Server 2016 introduces first class container support to the Windows Kernel.
In this session Ben will explore how Docker and Windows will work together, the impact it will have and how you can get started.
Key talking points will include:
- Deploying applications using Windows containers
- Managing Windows containers using tools from the Docker ecosystem
- Combining Linux and Windows containers
- Difference between Nano containers and Server Core containers
- Why Hyper-V isolation exists
- Windows Container Security Model
At the end attendees will understand how containers on Windows will work and the problems they’ll solve.