Kubernetes – going beyond the basics
So you've got a good grasp of the Kubernetes basics, you can create a cluster and deploy some applications to it, what about taking things up a notch?
In this talk we'll cover (and demo) some more advanced topics within Kubernetes such as:-
- Influencing the scheduling of pods
- Controlling applications being scheduled using admission controllers
- Options for extending/customising Kubernetes using Custom Resources
- Auto scaling of applications and clusters including virtual node
- Time allowing a brief discussion around how a service mesh may help improve traffic shaping
After this talk attendees should have a much clearer understanding of the additional capability in Kubernetes and associated platforms that they may want to use to improve their application platform.
Attendees should have a good understanding of the basic Kubernetes concepts and constructs.