09:00 - 17:00
Managing engineers is not magic. You need tools for that!
Managing engineers is not magic! You need tools for that. There are non-nerdy and nerdy engineers in each team, demanding different management styles. Leading smart technical teams, especially remote ones, is quite challenging.
The Engineering Manager doesn't need to be the most technical person in the team, a psychologist, or a bad cop. You only need to have enough leadership tools in your pocket.
In Atlassian, as one of the young industry thought leaders, engineering managers use a leadership framework called 4Cs. Using this approach can set you up for success in leading fully remote teams who work from anywhere.
Who would benefit from this workshop?
Welcome to this interactive workshop which provides practical guidance and leadership recommendations and suits the following groups:
1. Techie ICs (Individual contributors like developers, OPS, architects, and computer engineers) who are keen to step up to a management role.
2. The managers who struggle with running remote teams in this new era and want to be more effective leaders
You will leave this workshop having developed the leadership skills you need and picked tools in the 4Cs framework to manage technical engineering teams. It also helps you make a determined decision on your next career path if you are hesitant.
Here are a few of the topics covered in this workshop to develop leadership skills:
- How to be a great connector to build psychological safety in the team?
- What tools and methodologies do you need to be a great conductor to contribute to the team’s success?
- What does it take to be a productive compass?
- How to be an effective coach helping with growth and performance improvement, providing feedback and making effective and constructive conversations yet difficult?
Each topic will be thoroughly covered using examples and followed by exercises that allow you to reflect and fully absorb.