09:00 - 17:00
Unleashing the Power of Microservices with Dapr and Azure Container Apps
Building, deploying, and owning a single web application can be a challenge. Working with microservices only compounds all of your problems. With the game-changing combination of DAPR and Azure Container Apps, we can fortunately remove most of the pains associated with microservices.
This workshop is divided into two parts:
1. What is DAPR and how it helps microservices development
- What is DAPR?
- Using DAPR Building Blocks for microservice state persistence
- Using DAPR Building Blocks for sync and async communication between microservices
- Building and debugging microservices locally
2. How to run DAPR in Production with Azure Container Apps
- Provision Infrastructure with Azure Bicep
- Containerizing microservices with GitHub Actions
- Deploying microservices with GitHub Actions
- Implementing Observability
This workshop is suitable for Software Engineers experienced in almost any language (.NET, Python, Java, Go, Ruby etc.) as well as Platform Engineers. All you need is a basic knowledge of Microservice Development, a computer, and desire to lift your microservices development game!
Equipment and software requirements:
- A computer - either Windows PC, macOS, or Linux
- Visual Studio 2022 or VS Code or JetBrains Rider
- .NET 8 or higher
- Docker Desktop
- REST client (Postman, Insomnia, etc.)
- GitHub account
- Azure Subscription